Wednesday, January 31, 2007

....is just another step towards victory

It has never crossed my mind that we were gonna be smacked with 2 consecutive losses on the court today. Our opponents weren’t half as strong yet, we were beaten so easily. Maybe, we aren’t that good after all?

We lost 14-15 to sri sempurna and got thrashed by hartamas. Both in which we could’ve won. If only we fought a lil harder. Lol, loser’s speech! But seriously, these were 2 teams that I had not even considered a threat and I’ve told danny that they’re gonna breeze thru it. I guess my predictions were awry.

I saw many heroes fall today and their leader who broke down mid way thru the game. Too many ppl expected too much from that man and I guess he just couldn’t take it anymore. No1 can be blamed for losing those matches. Nor was it solely one man’s fault. It was a team effort and the whole team was to be blamed. Even we, mere supporters bear responsibility.

The lost was felt by all who had hopes on the team, even those who were in sch cheering our team on. We went down but we down fighting and this is what I enjoy see-ing. Even if defeat was a certainty, I’ll always play to my best and I’ll always push the players to play to their best! It is what we are….players and tears gather as an ode to that. Good jobs guys, u guys did ur best and that’s what’s important.

~Salutations to the Vi bball sch team of ’07. ~

No comments: