Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bleak....

There is often much hype and anticipation during the 1st day of schools. For the std one kids it’s like living thru hell in an environment that is so different and unknown with so many other aliens around. But after schooling for so many yrs and passing thru numerous 1st days, today will be no different than the last.

To put it simply, I wasn’t rdy for school. I couldn’t find my tie & name tag. My bag’s chucked somewhr underneath the staircase and my uniform is from the previous year. After getting used to waking u at 12 in the noon, I’ll now have to start accustoming myself to waking up 6 hrs b4 that. So at 0630 today, my maid woke me up. I hadn’t gotten much sleep as I was tossing and turning and waking up in the mid of the nite. I brushed my teeth, showered and gel-ed my hair. At 0700, I left my house for school.

Just as I turned a corner heading for a petrol station, *bumps* I crashed into a car. He both parked our cars and came down to examine the dmg. There was nthg wrong with my car and to what I saw, his back was fine too. So I said, “hey, no dmg rite? Everything ok? Okay! Bye!” Just as I was turning my back, he called me back to look at the mid-section. Damn rite, there was a dent! Okay, so we started arguing with him accusing that I didn’t stop and me defending saying I did and I also put on my signal light! It went on for a few minutes then came an old man out of nowhere who also said I didn’t stop. WTF, his problem? Then the guy took down my car’s no. plate and since I didn’t wanna lose out, I also took down his. He then asked to go to the police but I refused since there’s no P sticker on my car so I phoned my mom and asked her to come settle this mess.

Since i was so damn friggin near to my house, mom was here in no time and after speaking to the guy for a while, my mom offered to fix his car for him and that he should let me go to sch 1st then tha he should also send his sons to sch. My mom then gave him here mobile no. and that he should call her after he has sent them to sch.

So I went to sch feeling like shit. I told all my friends bout it proclaiming what a bad start it is to the new eff-ing year! Class teacher’s jayaselvi who ordered us to clean the class where I ended up cleaning bird shit infested fluorescent lights! It wasn’t pretty. The new chem. Teacher, maheran was pretty strict. I think very much like Loo! But she’s friendly, I think. Then we started playing the games o’brey taught us –the bang-bang, who died? What time and BLACK magic!!- with our classmates. It was hilarious looking at them.

After brief- or should I say very brief- scout meeting, the guys and I went for lunch together with jovi at san peng. There we cont the games this time the victim was liks. He couldn’t figured it out no matter how hard he tried. After lunch, I sent chris down to uda ocean, I noticed that there was some weird noises coming out from the engine or steering and the steering wheel had some unexplained vibration to it. I called dad to tell him that I’ll be sending the car to Un teoh – mechanic- to check on the problem and he replied saying that I should send the car to him b4 the car breaks down. I thought I just said I would?

Apparently I needed to change the power steering fluid. When he poured in the new oil, it just dripped right down. So the hose was broken. NO, it wasn’t my fault! Even Un. Teoh said so. He also said I have to change the power steering fluid filter and the tank itself. Okay, total cost, RM 500. Dad told me to walk back to the office.

I can say that I had a great start to the new sch term. In a perverse way that is. To run salt to the wound, there’s a high chance that I wont be driving to sch. There’s currently 3 cars at home and now since sis started working, she’s got priority over me. Guess i'll just hv to get used to taking lrt again. And oh, the cost of fixing the dent on the guy's car was RM 400 thus spurring my dad to exercise an allowance cut! Great, just eff-ing Great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... great start indeed!

David said...

Very!

Tengo said...

Took each other's number plates?! LOL. NoobS.