Friday, April 20, 2007

RA

I am an asshole in that I do not know when to give up. Actually, I don’t give up even at the most dire situation. I don’t know why but I’ve always held on to the belief that when there’s a will there’s definitely a hidden way. However, there are times where I came very close to throwing in the towel. I don’t know why, but apparently that asshole of me left me when I needed him to stay the most. Ironic!
I’ll most probably be flying tuition tmrw. Altho I know I should be focusing on my studies but… RA is way much more exciting and thrilling then sitting at the table looking at the man who wouldn’t help u with the problem even when u begged him to. The probability of falling and breaking a few bones is high but it is outweighed by the fun and the adrenalin rush when u’re climbing or when u reach the top.
RA is a sport. U scale the walls with ur bare hands and legs w/o any harness and only the slight relief that u have the mattress to break your fall. It is a sport which I enjoy and love. Maybe of it’s freestyle and because danger is always lurking. It’s the sort of enjoyment and fulfillment which I cannot explain.
Nevertheless, as I age and the fears of injuring myself seems so near and possible, it has hindered me from performing as radically as I used to. A mere look up the long pipe which I conquered so frivolously is enough to send chills down my spine. Alas, I will not be doing RA anymore. This year will be my last!

No comments: