Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A kid...nevertheless

I rose from my bed with a struggle. Awoken by the sound of drilling, my body refuses to admit that sleeping time has been cut w/o prior notice. I went downstairs expecting to see breakfast or at least some kind of food on the table but I was only too hopeful.
There stood in front of me a kid of barely 9 yrs old running around playing with chai chai. I couldn’t help but smile. My dad was on the comp thus I trodded to the couch. I see my sis on the phone whilst my bro was sleeping like a dog. He is sick as a dog anyway. I slouched on the couch and tried to regain my dream. Alas, blardy drilling! Can’t they start a lil later?
I witnessed an innocent child armed with nthg but his imagination holding what would be, pikachu and bamboo sticks. He is a soldier and chai chai’s the enemy he’s about to slay! Just as the final blow was to be made, chai chai scurried towards my dad. His own sanctuary while the kid, saddened to be unable to slay his enemy retreated towards the sanctum that was the sofa. I just smiled…reminiscing.
After both recuperated, the duel begin again. A tug-o-war soon ensued. The enemy was trying to devour his prey while the soldier is pulling it away from it’s teeth. He pulled and pulled but to no avail. But he would not give up, instead he tried even harder to save it. Alas, with a hard tug, chai chai won!
He returned to his place, defeated but not w/o spirit. After gaining strength, he dashed towards his enemy once again. This scenario continued for some time and all the while I was smiling. How childish can be be? Armed with nthg but his imagination he reminds me of……me.

No comments: