Friday, May 25, 2007

Job Offer

My parents love to test my confidence. Apparently I’m an arrogant snob who’s too confident of himself. So I told them that i’ll be slacking on my mid-term but promising to start studying after June during which both carnival and campfire will be done for. They understand, im sure they did but that didnt stop them for busting my ass anyway.
“If you don’t get straight A’s for ur stpm u can come work in my store” has been jackhammered to my ears over n over again. It’s not that it’s impossible eventho it is really but the perks of working in their office just cant be seen. For 1, there aint no air-cond in the store and the only company I’ll be getting is from the 4 walls n spare parts who only manages to stare blankly back.
Furthermore, my parents office seems to be situated in oblivion. There is only ONE comp which my mom uses to type her doc. & that’s only a p3. The only telecommunication service detected is the land line and well, mobile devices since it’s already ubiquitous. Streamyx seems to hv missed my dad’s office for some zealotry reason or maybe he’s just too cheap to use it. Altho he subscribed for a celcom 3g wireless line which he recently upgraded to 1MB. Oh my, the bandwith wasted on a –stuffed-11 months pregnant-man-who has about 10% comp. literacy. He uses it only to analyse the stockmarket with his not-so-keen eyes and maybe to read on some political shit happening in our country. But then again, almost everything that happens in our country is political, look at the burst pipes flooding our gov. offices. Who would’ve thought MONEY had a part.
Top these up with the fact that zaizai acts as if he owns the office. Every customer has to pass his test which is very simple actually. Ignore and u get barked at, pat him and he shuts the **** up.
My parents like to work their employee’s to the max. I know, becoz I aint one. But they occasionally ask for my help to ‘pun for’ when a shipment arrives. Yea, they use the fit one instead of exercising the fat one sitting at home in front of MY com playing MY game. But then again, he’s weak anyway.
Their work is tiring and I don’t know how they do it but they manage to do it anyway. And I think their pretty good at their work too since well, I aint eating white rice+ curry.
I really don’t mind them busting my ass once in awhile but too frequent a prod turns the ‘prodded’ into a beast. I know they meant to do good, hey, a lil insult here, a lil salt on ur wound there does wonders rite? Besides, I might be really contemplating the job offer.

No comments: