Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sr's...you're a disgrace!!


When I joined scouts in form 2, it was only because my friends lured me in. It was fun, no doubt. But I wasn’t as enthusiastic bout it during that time than I was now. I just didn’t feel that tingling feeling that just calls out to me to go for scouts. Form 3 was no different where I was present for meetings bout twice a month. It sure as hell was shitty to be my patrol leader.
Then there was SR. It was going to be held after PMR and we were all asking each other if we’re going for it. I remember that I was close to no1 during form 3. But what I do remember was Danny coming up to me asking if I will join SR. I do not know. So I asked in return if he was joining and who else will be. “He: Dunno” After pondering thru for about 2 mins…max, I said yeah, I will join.
There was no turning back. There wasn’t a reason to do so. I had the best 2 yrs of my life in sch after that which I shared with 10 other assholes. After SR, I went on to become SPL and the secretary. This achieved by me who wasn’t even active during my form 2 and form 3 yrs. Ironic!
Now that I’m in form 6, I’m currently overseeing the SR month with the only other 4 assholes that stayed back for form 6. We are facing problems, it wasn’t new. Just that it’s more severe this year. Attendance is a joke where they will come one day and be absent the next. There are even rumours of quitting.
It’s their fault for acting like girls or maybe it’s just they way they are. But I hold this more to the mistakes of the form 4. Maybe their sr month was screwed up and they weren’t brought up correctly. But their failure only reflects on our inability to pass down traditions and teach the batches after us.
After a meeting held recently, the form 4’s was given until Wednesday to prove that they can handle the sr’s accordingly. If however, they fail and the sr’s attendance and sorts do not improve, we, the form 6’s who was hirheto only arbiters will personally take over the sr. And if I ever were to take over, I’ll make sure the sr’s suffer till they can take no more. Hmmm, but isn’t that what they want?

No comments: