Thursday, November 23, 2006

Need it to vacate!

I had planned to go over to the registry dept. to get my passport done today. Apparently im going to spend my xmas away from kl again. It's already been 2 yrs since i last celebrated xmas here with my friends but im not complaining much since im gonna get to pick up some taiwanese chix this yr ;). Anyway, things didnt go as planned. Heck, i'd been planning to make my passport since last friday yet im here blogging bout not getting it done.
Anyway, instead of going to the reg. dept., i went to choose tiles for my house with my family in cheras. Boy was it tiring! My dad was being cheap as he refused to use quality and overly expensive tiles going instead for mid-range and cheaper tiles. Of coz, my bro, sis & i were there to counter his rigor of cheapness. So most of our tiles will be from white horse and mml, brands that i've never heard nor seen before. Tiles are just, well....tiles rite? What's so hard about choosing the material that u're going to walk on until the next movers comes along?
We'll be using the same marble floor as b4 and the new tiles will just be for the kitchen, 2nd floor and toilets. For the kitchen, we kids wanted some design for the floor but dad said it wasnt IN. Wth..... he's being cheap but wants to be stylish too!! After arguing for some time, we gave up and went with some purplish and red, not-too-smooth surface tiles w/ no design. It cant be too smooth as it might be slippery and the colour was such coz that's the best looking colour for that range of tiles there is.
I had wanted black floor tiles for my room. It looked good and had a nice feel. My sis also felt the same thus she wanted the same floor tiles for her room. But i aint gonna let no1 take the same colour that i was, so another 'debate' of who saw what 1st and who chose what 1st ensued. Half way thru, dad potong-ed out stim by saying it's too dark and he will not allow it. So much for i chose the tiles 1st. The ever-emollient-grandmaster-guru was taking none of our persuading and cajoling and he stood firm w/ HIS choice. Which was both dull and boring =.= !!
Much fun was to come when choosing tiles for the toilets. Since im gonna sleep in the same room w/ my bro, i followed w/e he said. Yea rite. The original tiles was a 2-tiered-coloured tile of white and dary grey. I was gonna have none of that! Then my bro decided it was too dark. I agreed and he chose a lighter shade of grey where i went over to the woody look. I didnt feel much for dark colours in the bathroom. I just didnt seem to feel rite when u're on the bowl and releasing the 'heaviest thing in the world' ( according to ching ju =.=) in a dark coloured background. A lighter colour will generate the perfect atmosphere for bowel movement. Bro agreed with me altho i dont think he did w/ my reasoning and we went with the woody coloured tile.
After finishing choosing the tiles, we went to have lunch which was my initial motive when i went to my dad's office. Oh, need i state that my dad and sis went to the same shop to select tiles for the same purpose 2 days b4. And apparently my dad was contemplating if he wants to go back there to tmrw to choose tiles- maybe for the same rooms, maybe not-. There goes my plan to get my passport done again.

No comments: