Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hate to Lose!

Losing doesn’t come easy to me. Heck, I don’t think losing comes easy to any1. Can some1 will be so carefree as to not mind losing in a hard fought match or a game where that person was slated to win yet went on to lose? I hate losing, period. Everything that I participate in, I wanna win and I wanna win grandly. But more often than not I get disappointed, not because I wasn’t good, I just wasn’t good enough or I didn’t put in that extra gear that could’ve brought home the game.
I play basketball after sch every Friday, and the teams are almost always roughly the same every week. Some days we win and some days we don’t. When I lose the game, it always seems to be my fault when I lose, hmmmm, who else is there to blame? So on the drive home, I recall what happened during the game and find faults where I think I could’ve done better. This will continue right into the bathroom and after ceasing to stop only when im satisfied that I did perfom badly or made some mistakes that I shouldn’t hv.
Today was bad. It sucked. It was inter-class football and my class was rooted to be 1 of the best. Rooted… apparently they took in the performance of all other players except the keeper. Let in 2 goals in the 1st match which we went on to win. However, during the opening 5 mins of the 2nd match, 2 goals whizzed past me which I hv to admit that could’ve been safe. Before I entered the pitch, I was like “hey, being a keeper isn’t that hard rite? Besides, im a basketball player so keeping should come easy for me” It was NOT !!!! I don’t know, I think I have ballbeingkickedhardcomingtowardsmePhobia.
The blame was mine and mine alone to bear for the loss for if I;ve been a lil better, we would’ve won. Alas, I’ll just hv to suck it up and try to be better the next time. Hmm, shouldn’t that be what we all should be doing when we feel defeated? Suck it up, look up to the sky and never ever give up!! Cheers!

(Recommended for both children and adults xD)



















!

No comments: