Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cancer is Hereditary

Paid a visit recently to my grandma’s home and met up with a few aunties of mine. So they were chatting with my parents and I was sitting there listening. After a few mundane topics, it swerved into a relative of mine being diagnosed with cancer. Apparently he had colon cancer for a few months now but he didn’t know until recently.
Cancer is hereditary. Well, it’s one of the causes. Actually I didn’t know cancer can be inherited. I know it was a mutation of cells but I always thought it to be due to some radiation or some environment thingy. And I told myself that I have to find out bout that.
So, after a week or so, I finally brought myself to confirm if cancer is really hereditary. So I googled: ‘is cancer hereditary’ and clicked the 1st link that came up which brought me here. It wasn’t very informative but I did get to know that some cancer is inherited and colon cancer is 1 of it.
Anyway, colon cancer isn’t a sure death, heck I don’t any cancer patients now can be consigned as ‘confirmed to die’. The tremendous improvement in medicine and health care has greatly reduced the mortality rate of any disease.
My uncle’s getting better now, from what I hear from my mom. It was said that the cancer has spread to the liver but I didn’t hear any of that. Maybe it didn’t. Good for him and I wish him a speedy recovery.

No comments: