Sunday, March 18, 2007

Flair...where art thou' ?

As I lay on my bed with arms spread across the covers, I shut my eyes and it was quiet. I would of fallen asleep as soon as I laid save not from the thought of something or someone. Everything was whizzing in which complicates things further, through all the clutter were some ideas and some just plain crap.

Then it hit me, the core idea for which I will base my article from. I had not known why’d I even promised wai fun to write one for me. I hv not the commitment to write one. Alas, a promise is a promise and I will present her an article worthy to be included in the sch mag.

Piece by unsorted piece appeared with the main idea remaining vague…still. But smaller and maybe supporting ideas were creeping in from timbaktu to papua. Lol, if only I had the patience to jot them down and go thru it all, my job would’ve been 70% done. I tried to stay on my bed, but the urge to type it out was overwhelming. I rose and dashed to the comp quickly running Word. I had gone 3 paragraphs when I paused and began reading what I typed.

It was good, it made sense and it sounded almost philosophical. But there was no cohesion. There weren’t any link where they should’ve meshed like clay. It was inconsistent, lines either being too long or too short and too direct. It was CRAP!

My flair for writing seems to be lost in the wilderness in thoughts of her, and failed to return even when I did. I hv to recover it, it’ll take some time but I hv to recover it! The thoughts of her are already making my fingers hesitant and only in her absence can I write an excellent article… and not merely good.

No comments: