Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lin Sam Sap Man

A gathering of family members that’s what reunion dinners are. With the old rekindling their love and the youngs building theirs, it’s a very family-ish moment.

Every year my family will prepare the dinner. Rather I think I should say my mom =\. But it’s not like I don’t do anything!! This yr is no diff eventho our house is currently undergoing renovation. Considering the circumstances, it would be decent if some1 offered to hv it in their home for once but since we gotten none and with my dad having the utmost feeling that it’s his responsibility to hold it, we were all put to slavery.

We cooked, cleaned and moved things like we’ve never done b4. Really, I prefer to just coordinate the hard work rather than PERFORMING em. Alas, with the head of slaves working her ass off, im expected to work mine too. Thank you papa for hiring 2 maids! Workload reduced by 40%...

As it was customary, we 3 siblings and dad went to pray to granddad and grand aunt who were cremated in a temple in PJ. Since mom isn’t yap it wasn’t compulsory for her to go and also becoz there’s things to be finished.

Our family’s small with a pax of 14. So even with our house upside down, we can still accommodate every1. We’re having stimboat, like we did last year. It’s less a hassle since mom doesn’t hv to cook all the dishes but just prepare them to be thrown into the pot.

Like as it was before, uncle and his family left right after eating while auntie and her family stayed to chit-chat for a lil while. My 1st cousin’s baby is getting cuter and cuter and the urge to pince his cheek is overwhelming. Apparently he only cries over 3 things: Hunger, hot and sleep. Nice!

Reunion dinner has passed and I’ll be waiting for next yr’s when I again will have to clean, move, climb and work like I hv never done b4. Ahhhh, the things I do for family…

No comments: