Friday, May 07, 2010

Spaghetti

My parents are away at the moment and i had to feed not only myself but also my grandma and zaizai.

After being rather bored of chinese, there were wants for some italian.

My mom's spaghetti tastes great to me, i sometimes prefer it to commercialized outlets which appears to promise much but comes out disappointingly mellow. So today, i tried to emulate that feat.

Cooking spaghetti sounded easy to me so i decided i'll do the cooking tonight. IT was not. Stirring the pot got my hands tired after 5 mins, heck it's as though im working out.

First in, garlic and chillies and onions then add the tomatoes. After frying for abit, pour in the tomato purees. Stir as long as your hands can take it. Add in the mushrooms, after that, add in more mushrooms. Throw in the diced chicken and make sure it's small sized. Easier and feels better in the mouth. Pepper is a must, black or white or both. Also, PARSLEY, you gotta have that smell. I didn't have any tonight. T.T

Keep on stirring even if your hands are tired. Modify according to taste. Salt, sugar, soya sauce. Sesame oil, yes a bit of that is a must.

When cooking the spaghetti or in my case fettucini, pour some olive or sunflower oil into the pot. It'll definitely smell and taste better.

After 10 mins i was sweating and praying for wind. But then again, sweat, wind, cooking. Rather disgusting.......

My cooking was so delicious, so awe-inspiring, so appetizing...... it was not.


It tasted only okay. Alrite, maybe i havent gotten it all from my mom but hey, my 1st try. MY second's gonna blow anyone's mind off who's lucky to get a try.


And my soup, rather bland to be honest. Wanted to add more salt but was afraid of adding too much. The little salt that i added after didnt help much. -_______________-.


Cooking is both an art and science........


which i am not a master


yet.

9 comments:

ahcheng said...

HAHAHA... both don't look delicious for me... LOL

nice try anyway ^^

ahcheng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-william- said...

fuiyoh!!!

вєиич said...

back in the days when I was in the UK, I had to cook spaghetti for lunch every now and then. =D

but yea, gotta admit that the spag noodles here have some rather different texture.

Anonymous said...

to be honest, yea the spaghetti is just... hahaha...
the soup is easy to cook, basically u just need to boil it as long as you can, on low fire of course, and you'll get that 'taste' without the need of adding much salt. or just throw some 'tulang' in ( halal / non-halal).

wei

Yiesue said...

u shouldnt upload the pic........

Kraznky said...

Hey hey... maybe the presentation was abit slack. Since i didnt initially plan to blog about it so i just simply splat it on top.

Hahahaha.....

Yiesue said...

since you shouldnt count on the taste, u should focus more in the appearance...

Kraznky said...

eh eh, what you mean not counting on taste? What matters is the taste!

but maybe it wasnt up to expectations.