Thursday, September 07, 2006

1st of 21 days!!

It is said that after 21-days, the things you do during that period becomes an addiction. I think that it requires you to perform the same activities everyday throughout that period although the timing of it may or may not vary. If one could perform the same activities on the same time for 3 weeks, he’s inhuman!
So I’ve brought it to myself to prove this ‘theory’. In fact, I’ve already started…today. I woke up at 0600, or tried to. I snoozed for another 15 mins b4 going down to the hall. 1st thing I did was to get the treadmill running b4 turning on my comp and play some music. My original intentions were to listen to BBC Hardtalk while jogging but listening to some guy interviewing some other guy doesn’t sound as appealing as pop stars singing in tune.
I worked the treadmill for 15 mins before heading to the bathroom to….. w\e people do in the toilet. Change into my sch uni and leave the house at 0710 hrs. Arrive at sch at 0725 today. Force myself to go thru the mundane and boring school hours till 1400 hrs. Return home and take my lunch. Maybe steal a catnap before studying. I planned to study for at least 1 hour or more per day, every day. Nevertheless, I only survived 50 mins and it was only on one subject. Bloody Hell, I aint good at this self-studying thing.
Dinner is usually at 1930 or 2000. Then I’ll indulge myself in a little comp time. Am currently playing Rome Total War: Barbarian invasion and boy oh boy has it got my hooked. Besides having hordes invading my territory, I had to deal with rebellion and betrayal. Anyway, after relaxing myself, I plan to study for another hour so or rather, the most probable scenario is me slouching on the sofa watching tv.
Before hitting the covers, I would read Time and/or The Economist mags which I’ve subscribed. Somehow, politics and real-world issues interest me a lot. Sadly, more than textbooks and notepads do. So this would be my routine for the next 20-days and in gods will shall I succeed in going thru the whole period w/o faltering. I’ve also heard that the 1st few and the last remaining days are the easiest where as days 10-16 are the hardest. I hope that after this 21-day ‘experiment’ studying will come as easy as a routine. Cheers!! =)

No comments: