Monday, July 24, 2006

Hmm... you want it? Be nice then!


School politics are in such a way that u do not have to qualify for the job, you just have to be liked by the right people. If you vying for a post and you've got good relations with the seniors, you'll most probably get the post rather than someone else who is more qualified. That's what i felt bout myself when i was in form 4 and was selected as one of the SPL and then to the post of secretary. I had joined only in form 2 and was inactive during my 1st 2 years. I only realized i liked scouts during the end of form 3 where i soon joined the SR. I guess i was just lucky for since i enjoyed scouts, i worked hard and did alot for it. However, as to me being selected for the post, there were a few more people who should i say are more qualified for the post, not only because they have an extra year of experience but also maybe, in their higher scouting skills in comparison to mine. Ostensibly, i think i got the post because my seniors liked me more than the others. Maybe im wrong, and that ive been chosen because they believed that i have qualities that exceed others. I hope im wrong.

So that's that. Last week, i went for an interview for the form six council. Originally i had no interest for it. However, i had nthg else in school besides scouts which will make my school term very boring. Hitherto, i went for the interview and requested for the post of secretary. ( I've enjoyed being on in form 5 thus i wanted to be one this year). Nevertheless, i was not accepted. The reason for my refusal of membership was that i was too arrogant. WTF? Is that even a valid reason? But as i think back a lil and start to reminisce bout the past, i agreed once more towards my perception that if you're liked by the seniors, you'll definitely get the post regardless i you're qualified or not. I wasnt very happy with the decision, 1st because of the stupid reason that i am an arrogant person and 2nd because i felt there was no one else more suited for the job. That's just how i feel, that there aint no on else out there who is better. ( There was a friend whom i had thought who make a good secretary too but he was rejected too) I am truly not satisfied at the selection but alas, i am powerless. Too bad the seniors didnt like me much. Maybe i should've satay-ed them more? XD... maybe not, i dont like mixing with people who does not show any prudence in their actions. OH well, i hope the people elected will be able to do their job well. I do not want to see them fail eventhough i am disappointed and unsatisfied. Oh well, fuck it. Cheers!

No comments: