Sunday, July 16, 2006

Happy B'day

It was the birthday of a friend of mine or should I say good friend rather I think I should say the birthday of a dear friend of mine. It on the 17th of July but the party was held yesterday at his place. It started ‘round 7 or was supposed to but people started coming 30-40 mins after. I wonder next time if they’ll be 30-40 mins late for their job interview, hmm…
So, we, friends decided to get him a cake, from secret recipe of coz. They are one of the best makers or should I say bakers of cake in town. So I went to buy the cake with lik sheng and I wanted the choc banana but liks suggested we get the tiramisu or choc fudge. I did not like the look of the choc fudge so we bought the tiramisu cake with the writings: ‘Happy B’day Putut XD’
About 20 guests were present yesterday. I thought he invited more. Or maybe he didn’t. Don’t know and don’t really care. He ordered a caterer to serve food. And it was delicious. Stewed lamb, fried chicken, curry beef, curry chicken, roasted chicken wings and satay. I would be insulting myself if I didn’t go for seconds.
Then the cake was brought out and we sang the song that are s’posed to be sung and took pictures. Yeap, we were all cam whoring. =) Then things began to slow down and everything started to sit in their own groups. The scouts were sitting in one corner, the Chinese speaking people in the other and those who are non-victs at another. Sounds like a wonderful party eh?
It ended around 10-ish? Not sure but I stayed till 11-ish to accompany my friends whose car has not yet arrive to pick him up. We started chatting bout our lives, his in u.k. and ours here in form 6. And here aint any differences at all. We were, no, we are trying to pursue academic excellence together. We do know that form 6 is a lil tougher than A lvl’s (people to seems to think otherwise) thus we have to put in more effort and could not afford to hold back and be lazy.
I wish u a very happy birthday my friend. And I wish for myself to be able to change to a better student. God bless & Cheers!

No comments: