Sunday, August 12, 2007

Grandma's

A visit to my grandma's is always smth. What? i do not really know but there is smth to it. My grandma's 79 and diabetic. She isnt mobile enough and she has dwindling memory. Faces of her children might or might not be recalled but she has a temper like that of any woman. Nevertheless, she is alert sometimes and her replies are often funny. Maybe it's becoz the way her children - aunts n uncles - pancing her to talk and to respond to their question! All i do is just sit and listen to em. XD

My great grandma is 90..smth and she's terribly alert with good memory. Heck, the 1st thing she did when she came into the living room - where we all sat-

she : eh, le si wooi hong ar?
me : *Flashes the perfect smile*
she : A ni tua han liao!
me : ah, si lo.

She listens to our conversation more like the older gens but... yea she listen and she joins whenever she has things to say. Which is good!! She aint one of those who would whine bout her pain and just let the gloom take over it. I rmbr a few years back b4 she fell, she would do gardening... At 80 over years old she takes strolls around the house. Grandma's house is kinda big so... =S

Laughing buddha in my grandma's house. For no reason i tried making the same facial expression but i'll just burst out in laughter...at myself! Then i'll pat his head. XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats a ni tua han liao???

=) talk to her more while she's still around.

David said...

It means all grown up already!!

Hmmm... i would if my hokkien was more proficient. i can only manage those easy stuff!!