Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Little Cottage 2

It's a saturday and we knew we will be bored so we made plans to have a day out to ourselves. She needed to go beautify her face whilst i needed to get out of this rut to complete my oral presentation script. So much trouble just for 15 marks, i would prefer not to. But hey, i'm promising quite a spectacular performance then.

We left around 1300 hrs with me driver her car. I think she thinks my car's too old for her. Hmmmmm.

In JES

I was starving! No supper the night before and being woken by the kind sun at 10-ish emptied my stomach completely. Acids were breaking down the walls of my stomach that instant.

Which was why seeing the golden arches almost brought tears to my eyes. It just looked so damn beautiful. I love it!


Mcd is lovely. Truly.
There were the 2 of us.


1 Chic Mcdeluxe, 1 fillet o fish, 1 nugget. SETS. and 7 plates of chilli.

I dont think i need to explain further.

After our magnificent lunch we headed to Butterworth where she went to do her thing and me mine.

Old town coffee rip.

It used to be Starbucks. I was still blindly hoping to find a Starbucks here but it has moved. I scouted the whole ground floor on Megamall -Special thanks to CHUA YIE SUE for pointing this out, megamall not sunway- not wanting to believe that Starbucks has closed down. I settled into this little place which charged me RM 4.20 for a glass of ice lemon tea. Rip off.

I had wanted to write "we had each other for dinner" as a joke but i suspected some of you might think it's true hence not making it very funny. So i took it off.

Dinner was set for a little restaurant called Little Cottage 2. It had quite a good review on the internet for it's price for valueness and good ambience.


Baby

The entrance was the only thing nice about the place which unfortunately is blocked by her head. I apologise for her insolence.

The menu looked good on the outside though. Old schoolish and well..... old schoolish.



After about 20 minutes to decide on the what we wanted to eat, we finally ordered. The thing was, the price wasnt pricey but it wasnt cheap either. ~Dont trust the internet so much no.1~

Fir thing served was bread with butter. Now you might be waiting for me explaining how delicious or how aromatic the butter smelt. Sry no, it's just plain bread with butter.



We next had fresh mushroom soup served. This my friends tasted good. The were grinded mushrooms and chopped mushrooms. Every spoonful you drop into your mouth you are greeted with mushrooms. Truly worth RM 9.90.


Come here ONLY for this.
Our main dish consisted of a grilled norwegian salmon for the lady and a medium-rare ribeye steak for the man.

Bad

From first look it already seems a tad over-grilled to me. And when i tried it i find it be lacking in freshness a bit. The taste was also a little off. ~Do not trust the internet no.2~


Awful

I was already worried when every i told the waiter medium rare, he nodded his head and repeated medium well. I must've said it like 3 times medium-rare to him and finally just gave up and waited. ~Dont trust the internet no.3~

My worry was well wounded. It was well truly. The sauce was a uncompromising mixture of black pepper and brown sauce. The thing i singularly find nice about this steak is the grilled potatoes. Total failure.

But we had something that salvaged the night just a wee bit.

My Love


We've decided that we're not gonna come here again. Except maybe for the soup. It's seriously not worth the trouble and the time. I'd rather be writing oral scripts than eating this.

then

We had each other for supper. ;)

2 comments:

Yiesue said...

cant see any better by saying it for supper. ==

naixoais said...

Awww so sweet.