Thursday, December 13, 2007

Against All Odds

Herodotus once said "It's better to have a stout heart always and face your share of evils, than to be always fearing what would happen."

I believe that even against the odds that one should keep on going. Things might seem to be overwhelming but things will work out if you want it to. Strategist plans and the general executes. Nevertheless, at times of war, deception and cunning are omnipresent and a wise general prepares for the unseen and thinks the unthinkable.

When he loses a battle, he loses not only men but also his pride. A man without pride is like a lion without teeth. He has to regain he pride he lost in the battlefield. His flanks are exposed and his reinforcements nowhere to be seen, what does one do when outnumbered 10 to 1 and defeat an almost certainty?

Your adversary does not care how low u hv succumbed or how distraught u are. He cares only for himself and with victory almost at hand he is beaming with arrogance. I swallow what little pride left and spat it out together with my heart. I could not bring myself to look at my adversary in the eye. The very sight disheartens me and i cannot let my morale dissipate. I need to and i will fight till my adversary retreats, i will fight even when my spear is blunted and my shield broken. Perhaps then i could win you over.

No comments: