Sunday, August 16, 2015

A New Path

I have embarked on a new path, deviating from the original route in hope that It will be a faster way to achieve one of my goals.

Remarking on one of the comments, "Its surprising for one to be able to get to site in so short a time".
It is, and I expect it to be as challenging as it is exciting. This will be my first experience as an Oil and Gas Field Civil Engineer at Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical Project.


The site is many miles away from the capital which is the nearest big city, Hanoi. It is even further away from the famous city of Ho Chi Minh, 13 hours of journey by car.

Agreeing to come here is akin to baptism by fire. I have zero experience of management less so with site and construction. And I will be the only Field Civil Engineer here. My mentor will be leaving in a little less than 2 weeks.



Me arriving at site 2 days ago. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

No comments: