Friday, January 04, 2013

Visualizing

With a power outage for my building at work a couple of days back, I went back to my floor at Wisma supposedly to take a new pencil from my secretary but also to get some cold air over my skin. I ended up spending an hour and half back there chatting. Those seniors are rather free to entertain me.

So I was talking to this senior eng. and I have alot of respect for this fella not because he says fuck in front of me but because he appears to know what he's doing and he doesnt mind spending time with me. Although he  enjoys screwing me when I work slow or take shortcuts.

I still remember his question of 10 uses for lean concrete. To be honest, I still cant come up with 10.

As we were chit chatting he asked me and a colleague what do we see ourselves in the future. Naturally I would share but I felt a tad uncomfortable out in the open. I just said the thing at the back of my head, "not an engineer I suppose, maybe in business."

Without a second pass and he told me I should get out of Technip because I'm in the wrong field. Four mths at work and im told to fuck off already. Sighhhh..... But when my colleague said he wanted to get IR. He hinted a slight disappointment and sighed why should he work so hard just for a title?

Now that rang bells around my head. Are titles really important? Or maybe a sense of fulfilment and accomplishment in your job outweighs the cost of your signature? The path that I need to tread is becoming a little clearer and maybe I'll decide to go through with it all out. It's been ages since I expired all my energy on something. Maybe my life is worth the effort. Its time to start visualizing.

No comments: