Sunday, March 25, 2012

Eating Alone

 I was in Penang Island over the weekend for SUKAD - Sukan Antara Desasiswa. I was one of the players for  Lembaran which in the words of the coach, a pelapis team for Jaya which has won the tourney for 7-8 times in a row?

It's not like we were total rubbish and being the only chinese guy who was willing to play for Lembaran, it was a good experience. In Jaya's team, there were at least 4 maksum players.

Group stages were played on Saturday with semis and finals on Sunday. I opted to stay in main camp and since i was there alone, i figured i might as well treat myself to a meal.




 I went alone to Agua in straits quay, which is one of my favourite places now. I had spicy Tomato Soup and Roast Beef with York Pudding, 

Pudding did not taste like what I would expect from a pudding. One slice of the roast beef was a bit too rare , but it was good overall. Tomato soup was zesty and savouring as usual. 

Cost me RM 61 for this. I used to hate even the idea of eating alone but this experience exposed me to the realities that no one actually gives a fuck if you're eating alone. I could observe people at will or just chill out and read some articles. It wasnt as terrible as how I imagined it to be.

But those scene where you see a lonely guy eating and suddenly a beautiful girl comes along and shares a table? Never happened. DAMN YOU FAIRY TALES.

Chris has an explanation for that but i'm keeping mum. 

All in all, a good meal. Agua Straits Quay, Penang. Try it!

No comments: