Saturday, March 05, 2011

RVhost.exe

Today my laptop was infected by a virus named RVHOST.exe. Google-ing it reveals quite a number of results that were comforting. Getting hits means you'll probably be able to get some solutions.

I was found out my comp was infected when i turned it on in the morning or afternoon depending on how you judge when you wake up, and everything looks fine. But after entering my password, i was greeted with a permanent BLACK screen. All you can see is black and your mouse cursor which you can move. Nothing else.

I then brought to IT zone, an IT shop near to my uni, they checked it for abit, told me it's an autorun virus and recommended that i reformat. Of coz, reformatting is the easiest in fact dumbest solution to getting infected by virus since you lose eveyrthing because of one or 2 files.

I contacted benny and he told me it was Child's Play. That child's play took me 4 hours to complete.

The thing abour RVhost is that, not only is your screen frozen black, Task Manager is also disabled. To irritate you more, regedit is also disabled hence there's no quick fix.

I logged into my Guest account and tried to fix it from there. I did manage to delete RVhost.exe from the task manager which keeps my task manager seen and finally my desktop screen too. How i managed to do that was by becoming the flash. ctrl+shift+Esc to call up task manager then had to choose the right process to end. The thing is that, pressing it once calls up the task manager for ONE sec. RVHOST is that fucked up.

So i got a bright idea to lag my comp by calling up task manager multiple times. The number reached was 190 tasks. But deleting it was the easy part. Next i tried to edit the registry as i was taught in

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spyware-viruses-etc/how-remove-rvhost-exe-malware-71164.html

but error kept poping up. I guessed it was because it's not an administrator account.

All in all, after 4 hours of relentless trying. i Finally succeeded in shoving  RVhost.exe out of my laptop. And i never want to see it appear again.

So guys, next time scan whoever's pendrive you're inserting.

3 comments:

wei said...

omg. safe sex next time XD
and don't you have anti virus or whatever shit?

Kraznky said...

Sometimes we need to thrust into the unknown. Feels more exciting don't you think? ;)

No i cant afford any. Willing to sponsor?

wei said...

i'm really poor.

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

that's how poor i am.
i think im going for free trial every month. that can last me for 10 months XD
im currently using avg free trial, it's kinda good though. lolol but only last for 30 days.

oh yea, don't say i'm cheap =p
i share good stuffs with ppl. hahahahahha